We are delighted that our latest Ofstead report assessed Offham Primary School as Outanding. A summary of the findings are below or to see a full copy of our report, please click here.
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
- Offham is a very caring and nurturing school in which pupils thrive. In the words of many parents, this is a very ‘happy family school’. They say it deserves ‘a very big thumbs up’.
- The outstanding headteacher is an inspirational leader. She is highly ambitious for the school and the pupils. The headteacher is supported well by the deputy headteacher, senior staff and a highly committed staff team.
- Relationships throughout the school are excellent. Pupils’ behaviour in lessons and around the school is outstanding.
- Pupils’ attainment is outstanding. At the end of Year 6, all groups of pupils, including the most able, are reaching standards which are well above the national average.
- As a result of outstanding teaching children in the early years get off to a flying start.
- Teachers and skilled teaching assistants work together effectively as teams. Staff are particularly effective in using their questioning skills to check pupils’ learning and to make sure that pupils think hard. Staff are now concentrating on all pupils applying the advice they are given in their marking feedback.
- Leaders and managers, together with governors, are fully committed to providing a high standard of education for all pupils. They work closely alongside each other with a common aim. Their actions have had a direct and positive impact on the high quality teaching and the excellent achievement of pupils.
- Governors are a real strength of the school. They are very knowledgeable about the school’s strengths and its priorities for improvement. They provide a good balance of support and challenge and are ambitious for the continued success of the school.
- Pupils feel totally safe at the school; a view that is strongly supported by their parents. Pupils flourish and develop into confident and assured young people who leave the school with high aspirations, an enthusiasm for learning and excellent academic results.
- Outstanding teaching and learning in each key stage enable pupils to make rapid progress in reading, writing and mathematics. As a result, all groups, regardless of their level of ability, are doing well throughout the school.