P.E and Sport’s Funding 2016 - 2017
Sport Premium is a government funded payment aimed at improving and increasing the provision of PE in schools across the country. Offham Primary School will receive £8000 per annum, plus £5 per child between Year 1 and 6.
We believe PE is a hugely important part of the curriculum and we pride ourselves on offering children many opportunities to get involved in sport, both during and after school. This funding has enabled us to employ the services of outside agencies and specialist coaches to come into the school and provide High Quality PE sessions.
We will be using the funding provided by the government for:
Development of Staff:
- Developing assessment of P.E, meaning childrens’ achievement is accurately assessed and monitored and therefore allowing pupils to reach their full potential.
- Observing specialist P.E teachers and attending external training to improve confidence and knowledge of the delivery of P.E lessons.
- Each teacher will work with PASS Ltd for 2 terms across the year developing their knowledge and confidence of delivering P.E. This will improve the teaching of skills in P.E to provide high standard teaching and inspirational lessons.
- Reviewing and updating the PE scheme of work to ensure progression across the school and meeting the needs of all children.
- The training of Year 6 pupils and lunchtime supervisors to be sports leaders, running lunchtime activities for the whole school.
- A sports crew set up to develop responsibility and leadership skills; running events held at Offham school and the organisation of the sports games day.
- Our extra-curricular programme has been expanded to include after-school clubs, run by Premier Sports, in a variety of sporting activities. These are offered to all year groups of the school.
- Offham Primary school attend a variety of sporting events throughout the year (see event list) offering children opportunities to compete across a breadth of sports and locations.
As I am sure you will agree, sports premium funding offers a variety of opportunities to further improve the development of P.E offered at Offham Primary School.